An experienced freelancer who has been working as a senior software engineer in the software industry for about 7/8 years and has been doing freelancing for a few years has discussed how to make money on the internet by outsourcing through web design and development also fucas on web development and a career in freelancing.
My writing today is for those who are looking for a way outsourcing / freelancing with great ambition. What I want to say today is that prepare yourself for the job before looking for a job.
The first thing you need to keep in mind is that you are going to be in a big competition where your competitors will be many more people from all over the world.
There are many types of jobs available in freelancing or outsourcing, but most are related to web development. First you have to decide what you want to do then learn it well and finally come to outsourcing.
There is a lot of demand for design work in online marketplaces. For this, you need to learn the basics of Photoshop and Illustrator. You need to be able to create logos, buttons, banners, etc. with Photoshop. There is a lot of demand for PSD layout design work with Photoshop.
1. You will find lots of tutorials on Photoshop and Illustrator online. You have to be perfect in these two things.
2. Creativity is a big skill to work in graphics. The deeper your creativity, the more you can create new ideas. And your design will be different from everyone so your demand will be more than everyone else.
3. Learning is quite easy if you work 3/4 hours every day, it is possible to design a professional level PSD in 6 months. (Depending on merit)
There are basically two divisions here:
- Learn development and programming well.
1. It is also easy to learn, it can take 6-7 months to learn if you work 4/5 hours every day. Depending on the merit, it may take less time.
2.There are lots of tutorials online you can learn from here. This site also has a lot of resources.
3.Browser compatibility is to ensure that the page you design looks the same in all browsers. Especially in Internet Explorer.\
4.Today is the era of responsive design. For this you have to be able to design responsibly. Especially the work of the framework used for it should be well known. Such as Twitter bootstrap. Your designed page looks the same on any device, including mobile, without having to scroll horizontally.
5.Need to learn the necessary tools such as different IDE, IE tester, change browser mode in IE, Firebug etc.
Web development or programming:
Here you will learn to program. This is the main thing in development. Basically web programming such as ASP.NET, PHP, Java, or any other language. However, PHP currently has the most work. There are a lot of things to learn along with learning programming in web development. Otherwise, you will not be able to rise higher. Such as the need to learn well.
1. Any programming language like PHP
2. With a database design such as MySQL, you need to be able to create at least a full-fledged relational database at the middle level.
3. Must learn very good queries. Must be able to do complex queries with SQL.
4. You should know how to use web services / APIs of famous sites like Facebook / Google / Twitter / Amazon. (XML)
5. There should be clear ideas about hosting, especially ideas about server management.
6. Learn how multiple developers can work on the same project with source control such as git, tortoise svn, etc.
7. Learn a lot about Ajax, JQuery, and various development tools. Such as Netbeans (Code Writing IDE), HeidiSQL, MySQL WorkBench (Database Design Tool.
Above all, you have to be a super expert in web design. This means that the work of HTML, CSS and JQuery should be done with the left hand. To be a good programmer, you must first be a good designer (rather than a super expert).
You might also like other related articles:
1.It is very difficult to learn. It may take 2-3 years of hard work if you give 3/4 hours every day. Depending on the merit, it may take less time.
2.Demand and your importance will skyrocket.
3.There are lots of tutorials online, Wrox, Apress publications there are many good books you can learn from here. This site also has a lot of resources. (Advanced PHP, Database Design, Database PHP, OOPHP, PHP Framework, CodeIgniter, Zend, Joomla, SEO)
Get acquainted (gain, obtain) with present-day techniques that came from the work you want to do. Knowing something or floating ideas with such a skill can not give anything but the frustration of opening an account in Odesk or any marketplace.
Besides, before coming to freelancing, you should have worked in a good software firm for 1.5 / 2 years. Outsourcing without a job is too complicated to get to the top.
Written by Md. Moin Uddin